Rolawn Compost Soil Improver 0.5m³
Rolawn Soil Improver is a peat-free, soil-improving compost which will enhance and revitalise soil naturally by adding valuable organic matter.
Rolawn Soil Improver is a natural, peat free soil conditioner/improver made from composted organic matter. It is highly fertile and will improve the structure of clay, sandy or chalky soils by increasing the organic matter content. Improving the soil's structure will enhance its drainage characteristics and air and water holding capabilities, all of which will result in healthier plant growth.
Bag Size: approx. 500ltr/0.5m³
Coverage: 1 bulk bag = 10m2 at 50mm depth
- Improves soil fertility
- Improves moisture and nutrient retention in sandy and chalky soils
- Helps break up clay soils, improving drainage and workability
- Friable and light, easy to barrow, spread and work in to the soil
- Peat free
- Minimal stone content
- Dark brown appearance
- Can be used as a multi-purpose compost for containers and potting on
- Not suitable for use as seed sowing compost
- Produced in accordance with BSI PAS100:2018
- Convenient bulk bags minimise waste and mess and are easy to store
- Apply anytime, but care must be taken to avoid digging/forking wet soil, as it may damage the soil structure
- Can also be applied as a mulch
Typical application rates for improving topsoils with low levels of organic matter:
- Heavy clay soil - a layer, 75mm deep, should be incorporated to a depth of 200mm,
- Chalky soil - a layer, 50mm deep, should be incorporated to a depth of 200mm.
- Light sandy soil - a layer, 30mm deep, should be incorporated to a depth of 200mm.
Please Note: All deliveries are roadside only
The London Lawn Turf Company operates a fleet of vehicles across London & the Home Counties.
When possible we will use vehicles that are fitted with a crane offloading facility, enabling access to front gardens as well as over walls, fences and hedges.
The company also uses smaller vehicles for more awkward sites with limited access.
Our drivers will always do their best to site products where they are required. Crane offloading of turf and soil can be placed within 3-4 metres of the delivery vehicle. Smaller vehicles in the fleet can usually access back service roads and down front drives.
Please be aware:-
- Vehicles are up to 11 metres (36') long, 2.5 metres (8' 2") wide, 4.6 metres (15') high.
- Within the M25 pallets are off-loaded using a vehicle-mounted hydraulic crane.
- It is your responsibility that there are no obstructions to delivery, such as parked cars, low bridges, overhanging branches or weight restrictions.
- The crane cannot operate in close proximity to overhead obstructions such as cables or tree branches and cannot be used to lift pallets over parked vehicles.
- We undertake to place the goods as close to your property as is deemed safe by the driver.
- Ideally you will be present to accept delivery. We are able to deliver if you are not present and the driver will determine the most appropriate positioning for your goods.
- With unattended deliveries, London Lawn Turf cannot accept any liability for theft, product deterioration or consequences arising from the positioning of your delivery.
- Deliveries outside the M25 are made via pallet carrier and delivered on pallets, kerbside only.
- Pallets are generally off-loaded using a tail lift and positioned using a manual pallet truck.
- Manual pallet trucks can only operate on a flat, level, concreted surface. They cannot operate on slopes, gravel, earth, grass or any other type of non-solid surface.
Important: If delivery cannot be made due to access issues or an unsuitable offloading area, a charge of up to the original per pallet rate will be made for redelivery or return to London Lawn Turf. See our Terms and Conditions for more details.
Following the receipt of your order the turf will be harvested up to 24hrs prior to delivery. Once harvested we reserve the right to charge in full, however, on receipt of a cancellation notice prior to 24hrs before delivery, we will endeavour to:-
- Cancel harvesting
- Endeavour to sell the turf elsewhere
If we can achieve neither of the above the charge in full will remain.
Turf Care Notice
Turf is harvested up to 24 hours prior to delivery.
Do not delay in laying Turf. Turf should be laid/rolled out immediately but certainly within 24 hours (maximum) in the autumn/winter and 12 hours (maximum) in the spring/summer.
Problems with the turf should be noticeable at the time of delivery and during the laying process. Any further problems should be noticeable within 48 hours of delivery.
In the event of an issue with the Turf notify us immediately.
We can not accept responsibility for issues with turf that has not been notified within 48 hours of delivery.