Wildflower SuDS Turf
This Wildflower Turf® solution has been designed by our research and development department, using our experience with the installation of Wildflower Turf® in Sustainable Drainage Systems within the UK and liaising with Landscape and Ecology professionals.
Cut and Sold per roll = Approx 1m2 per Roll
Key product points:
▶ A wild flower turf for all soil types.
▶ All Sustainable Drainage Systems and Bioswale applications from 10m2 to 10,000m2.
▶ Shade and drought tolerant, suitable for periodic flooding and assists in flood water dispersal and pan breakup.
About the Product:
This Wildflower Turf® solution has been designed by our research and development department, using our experience with the installation of Wildflower Turf® in Sustainable Drainage Systems within the UK and liaising with Landscape and Ecology professionals. The species selected, have been chosen to assist in the breakup of pan or soil compaction for maximum water dispersal, whilst remaining established in times of drought or periodic flooding. This solution remains aesthetically and environmentally pleasing, introducing improved bio-diversity with very low maintenance required.
This turf has been developed by the company using its unique ‘soil-less’ system that is more drought tolerant than other more conventional methods.
The turf is made up of 37 different species of wild flowers and grasses, subject to seed availability, with a minimum of 50% wild flowers.
To produce this environmentally beneficial product, every effort is made to source sustainable ingredients, for example composted green waste and organic nutrients, as well as carefully monitoring all inputs such as electricity and water. The turf naturally produces a bio-diverse habitat supporting birds, mammals, bees, butterflies and other invertebrate species.
Bioswale and water run-off integrated with Sustainable Drainage Systems.
▶ Cutting regime: Cut once every autumn, with the collection of cuttings.
▶ Watering: For the first two weeks to prevent turf drying out, after which occasional soak in long dry periods.
▶ Typical dry per m2: 18kg
▶ Typical saturated per m2: 18–20kg
(dependent on moisture content and maturity when lifted)
Turf roll size: approximately 1m² when harvested (610mm width x 1640mm length x 12.5mm height (24" x 64.5" x 0.5")
Min / Max Established Height††
▶ Min: 30cm ▶ Max: 75cm
Please Note: All deliveries are roadside only
The London Lawn Turf Company operates a fleet of vehicles across London & the Home Counties.
When possible we will use vehicles that are fitted with a crane offloading facility, enabling access to front gardens as well as over walls, fences and hedges.
The company also uses smaller vehicles for more awkward sites with limited access.
Our drivers will always do their best to site products where they are required. Crane offloading of turf and soil can be placed within 3-4 metres of the delivery vehicle. Smaller vehicles in the fleet can usually access back service roads and down front drives.
Please be aware:-
- Vehicles are up to 11 metres (36') long, 2.5 metres (8' 2") wide, 4.6 metres (15') high.
- Within the M25 pallets are off-loaded using a vehicle-mounted hydraulic crane.
- It is your responsibility that there are no obstructions to delivery, such as parked cars, low bridges, overhanging branches or weight restrictions.
- The crane cannot operate in close proximity to overhead obstructions such as cables or tree branches and cannot be used to lift pallets over parked vehicles.
- We undertake to place the goods as close to your property as is deemed safe by the driver.
- Ideally you will be present to accept delivery. We are able to deliver if you are not present and the driver will determine the most appropriate positioning for your goods.
- With unattended deliveries, London Lawn Turf cannot accept any liability for theft, product deterioration or consequences arising from the positioning of your delivery.
- Deliveries outside the M25 are made via pallet carrier and delivered on pallets, kerbside only.
- Pallets are generally off-loaded using a tail lift and positioned using a manual pallet truck.
- Manual pallet trucks can only operate on a flat, level, concreted surface. They cannot operate on slopes, gravel, earth, grass or any other type of non-solid surface.
Important: If delivery cannot be made due to access issues or an unsuitable offloading area, a charge of up to £30 per pallet will be made for redelivery or return to London Lawn Turf.
Following the receipt of your order the turf will be harvested up to 24hrs prior to delivery. Once harvested we reserve the right to charge in full, however, on receipt of a cancellation notice prior to 24hrs before delivery, we will endeavour to:-
- Cancel harvesting
- Endeavour to sell the turf elsewhere
If we can achieve neither of the above the charge in full will remain.
Turf Care Notice
Turf is harvested up to 24 hours prior to delivery.
Do not delay in laying Turf. Turf should be laid/rolled out immediately but certainly within 24 hours (maximum) in the autumn/winter and 12 hours (maximum) in the spring/summer.
Problems with the turf should be noticeable at the time of delivery and during the laying process. Any further problems should be noticeable within 48 hours of delivery.
In the event of an issue with the Turf notify us immediately.
We can not accept responsibility for issues with turf that has not been notified within 48 hours of delivery.